'Beast’ The winning entry of our 2019 competition by Sarah Bell
The theme for Tantalising Textiles in 202 is Mystery. The definition of mystery from the Cambridge English Dictionary is:
- Anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown, e.g. the mysteries of nature.
- Any affair, thing or person that presents features or qualities so obscure as to arouse curiosity or speculation, e.g. the masked guest is an absolute mystery to everyone.
- A novel, short story, play or film whose plot involves a crime or other event that remains puzzlingly unsettled until the very end e.g. a mystery by Agatha Christy.
- Obscure, puzzling or mysterious quality or character, e.g. the mystery of Mona Lisa’s smile.
- Any truth that is unknowable except by divine revelation.
- A sacramental rite.
- Ancient religious that admitted candidates by secret rites and rituals, the meaning of which was known only to initiated worshipers.
- Any rites or secrets known only to those involved.
- Mystery play.
- Puzzle, problem, secret, riddle
Open CompetitionIf you prefer, you can enter the open section of the competition and submit work on a theme of your choice.
Competition DetailsThe exhibition will be held in the Alchemy Gallery at Craft Arena from Friday 3rd April until Sunday 26th April 2020. The entry fee for each entry is £5 and you can submit as many entries as you wish.
The competition is divided into two sections; one with the theme of Mystery and another open section in which you can submit work on a theme of your choice.
As in previous years, customers of Craft Arena will be asked to vote for their favourite piece, and the winner (or winners, depending on the number of entries) will receive a Craft Arena Gift Voucher, with another voucher going to the winner of our voter draw.
We will again be supporting St Luke's Hospice who will receive a proportion of the money raised by the fees.
Please contact us if you have any queries. any queries.