Thursday, 20 June 2013

Studio Update

After three days without it, Ray has reconnected my internet, so I can update you on our expansion project.

Following our move from Studio 48 to Studio 50, I managed to get everything in place (just about) by opening time on Tuesday morning. There are a few things I couldn't manage to squeeze in but as it's only for a week or so, we should be able to cope!

Studio 50 
Studio 50
On Tuesday evening the builders started knocking the hole for the door between Studios 49 and 50. It was a bit noisy, but not as bad as I thought it might be. There was a lot of dust; in fact at one stage it looked like a pea-souper had appeared in the hallway! (That's showing my age - who else can remember them?)  My aged vacuum cleaner packed up whilst the builder was trying to clear up the dust, which was not surprising really. Ray has managed to get it working again but it really is on its last legs; a bit of dusting to do before we start painting and laying carpet. 
Dust? What dust?
The doorway between 49 and 50
The builders did a great job and I can highly recommend them. Everything is going to plan so far. I wonder how long that will last?


Monday, 17 June 2013

It's all kicked off ....

I shut the shop a little early yesterday in order to start clearing out and moving into Studio 50 so that the builder can make the doorway between 48 and 50. It took longer than anticipated, despite help from Ray and my daughter and son-in-law.
Studio 50 

In the end we just had to bung everything in, and I'll be spending today sorting and organising ready for opening as usual tomorrow (hopefully!). I can't work late this evening as I have Embroiderers' Guild tonight. I think I'll be grateful for the break! I can see an early start Tuesday to get it completed.

Studio 50

Studio 48
Studio 48 looks bereft! Still a lot to clear out including so much paperwork. No idea where it all came from! (Well, I have really - I find it hard to throw anything away!!)