Saturday, 30 July 2011

Angelina and Karantha

I held an Angelina workshop on Wednesday, and typically, forgot to take photos. I did however manage a sample of my own using the Craftynotions Karantha Stamp 'Bloom' with some Sugarplum Angelina that I was quite pleased with. I layered the Angelina over the stamp, placed silicone paper on top and ironed over. I then cut out the flower shapes and stitched together with Valdani perle using straight stitch and a few French Knots. I often forget how great Angelina is to work with - must do more!

Denise

Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Quilting Arts

The latest issue of Quilting Arts arrived this morning. I know I always say it, but this is a super issue. Lots of ideas for colouring fabric including transfer dyes and ice dyeing. I tried snow dyeing and got some terrific results, but it is a bit of a pain waiting for a white winter; this lets you use a similar technique all through the year. There is also stencilling, monoprinting and finger painting, stamping and more on resists (tapioca this time!).

I'm getting on OK with my City and Guilds. I've nearly finished the history project, my design project is done and all I need to do now is finish my final piece. It is evolving, and hopefully I'll be able to get on with that in the next couple of days. 

Denise