Tantalising Textiles exhibition is a competition for our customers. You are invited to submit work on a theme which this year is 'Reflections'. The definition below is from the Collins English Dictionary:
- the act of reflecting or the state of being reflected
- something reflected or the image so produced, as by a mirror
- careful or long consideration or thought
- implicit or explicit attribution of discredit or blame
- (mathematics) a transformation in which the direction of one axis is reversed or which changes the sign of one of the variables
- (anatomy) the bending back of a structure or part upon itself
The work can be any technique in any media and this year we are lifting the usual size limitation. If however your piece is very large, you will have to supply your own display (for example a quilt stand if you submit a quilt).
Judging will be by members of the public and the artwork with the most votes will win a prize. There will also be a separate prize draw for the voters. There is a nominal, non-refundable, £5 charge for each entry with the monies raised being divided between the prizes and a donation to St. Luke's Hospice in Basildon.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 15th May 2016. You may enter as many times as you wish, but entries must not have been exhibited before. The work will need to be with me by Sunday 29th May 2016.
|One Frosty Morning by Linda Legrand - The winner in 2015|