Wednesday, 18 February 2015

CHSI Loveliness

I'm just back from my annual pilgrimage to Craft Hobby and Stitch International in Birmingham, the annual trade fair in the UK for the craft industry. This gives me the opportunity to find out new trends and products for the coming year and to buy more 'stuff' for the studio! It is also a great opportunity to meet up with my suppliers, chat to friends and meet new ones. I also get to go on workshops, making samples and try new products.

I'm not going to show you what I bought just yet, I'll keep that until they actually arrive in the studio, but I can promise it will be worth the wait!


Look out for:

  • More DMC threads
  • New Aurifil threads
  • Weaving kits
  • New Buttons
  • Lots of lace
  • Wonderful Wool
  • Lots more!!!
Whilst I was there, I went on a few workshops. One of them was making a wrapped wire bracelet.



I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed doing this! I'll be getting more beads and wire in soon - watch this space! I also did a workshop with Kim Thittichai using Hot Spots and started a Clover Clam Shell (still a bit of work to do on this!)


I met May Martin from The Great British Sewing Bee - what a lovely lady! She signed a copy of her new book May Martin's Sewing Bible for me and we had a chat. The book will be available for you to buy in the studio soon.


I will update any new stock that arrives in on Facebook and in my next newsletter which should be out later this week.

My own work is progressing. I'm working on pieces for our next Minerva Textile Group exhibition in September. I've been using my embellishing machine which seems to have given up the ghost. A new purchase may be necessary!

Of course, some time has been taken up with my new Grand daughter. Can't believe she's over 3 months old already! We had her naming ceremony last weekend and she slept most of the way through it. She's good at sleeping much to her mother's delight.

Denise
Post a Comment