Friday, 19 December 2014

Oh dear!

It seems that I've been a little lax lately updating my blog. September? Goodness, where does the time go?

The Minerva exhibition has come and gone and we have had some really good displays in Gallery 50 since then: O2 Textiles, Tollesbury Totties and now we have The Material Girls until 11th January.

O2 Textiles - Catch My Drift


Tollesbury Textile Totties


The Material Girls - Tales & Textiles
In January we have an exhibition based on our workshops. Anyone who has work which has been started, finished or inspired by one of our workshops can show their work. Just bring it into the studio by Sunday 11th January together with an entry form which you can find here. You can even bring in unfinished work, as customers do like to see what is involved in the making process.

My own creative work is coming along slowly. I have begun thinking about the themes for our next Minerva exhibition in September, but the last couple of days have been spent playing with my new toy:


Brother Innov-is XV
The picture isn't so great I'm afraid; I need to adjust my camera as the XV light is so good it makes the background appeardark! I'm astounded by this machine, it can do so much and I know I'm really going to enjoy using it. 

I'm nearly prepared for Christmas. Most of the presents are bought, the food shopping is almost done (thank you Jennifer!) and I'm looking forward to a few days off. If you receive the Craft Arena newsletter you will know that I am not opening between Christmas and New Year as I usually do. Apart from the fact that I have a new grand daughter to play with, Ray and I have some rearranging to do in the studio, so we will not be open after Sunday 22nd December until the sale starts on Saturday 3rd January. I'm also hoping to do a little creative work as well, and I'll keep you updated with that (hopefully before March!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Denise
Post a Comment