Tuesday, 19 February 2013

It's been a while since I last blogged, so lots to catch up with.


Decovil Light, foiled and stamped
I've just returned from the annual Craft Hobby & Stitch trade show at the NEC in Birmingham where I saw lots of lovely goodies, some of which I have acquired, and lovely people too! I did a workshop with the superb Kim Thittichai using thin and thick versions of Decovil and foil - I do have the heavy version in stock and hope to get the light in soon. This is my attempt. I should really have ironed the foil on properly, but once I've put a bit of stitch and possibly some other things on as well I'm hoping it will look gorgeous. I do like a bit of bling! I also met up with Liz Welch, had a quick chat with Leandra from PaperArtsy and Marion from Sugar & Spice.

Some bad news and good news now; is with great regret that I am phasing out Hemingworth machine threads as I can no longer guarantee supplies. I am therefore offering the stock I have left at 25% off. If there are any colours that you need, do give me a ring and I'll put them on one side for you - some colours are very restricted in number. This offer is also available online. The good news is that I have ordered a new range of threads to replace them, so look out for news about their arrival at the studio when we will be hosting a special launch event.


I've discovered a fantastic new range of knitting accessories. HiyaHiya designer knitting needles are internationally renowned and are now available in the UK. I'm starting with interchangeable steel needles, crochet hooks and some fabulous cases and if you like them I'll expand the range to include bamboo and straight needles.

Other new items coming to Craft Arena soon are DMC crochet kits, lots more books, new buttons and beads. Keep an eye on the here and our facebook page for the latest news.

On my way up to Birmingham I popped into the Textiles in Focus exhibition at Cottenham. I saw loads of people I knew, and it was great to have a chat and catch up with them all. Lynda Monk was there, demonstrating and doing workshops (look out for news about the return of Lynda to Craft Arena soon). It's the first time I've been to this exhibition, but it won't be the last! I also booked a 5 day felting course whilst I was there. REALLY looking forward to that!

Denise
Post a Comment