Thursday, 20 December 2012

Christmas Tidings


This will probably be my last blog before Christmas, so I'd like to wish all my customers and friends (the two actually go hand in hand - one of the great things about Craft Arena!) a very happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.  Ray and I will be spending Christmas with my elder daughter and her husband, with a visit from my youngest and her daughter. A fairly restful time for me as all I have to do is cook the turkey!

I'm not sure I'll get much crafting done - I'm more likely to fall asleep in front of the television after a third helping of Christmas pudding!  The diet will begin in earnest in January, promise!

Craft Arena will be closed from Monday 24th to Thursday 27th December, but don't forget, that we will be open on Friday 28th to Sunday 30th December from 11am to 4pm when you will receive double Loyalty Card Stamps for when you spend over £5. After a few more days off over New Year, we will open on 5th January with our S A L E. There will be lots of bargains, with a free goody bag for the first 10 customers, so I look forward to seeing you then. For our full opening hours over the holiday period see our website.


It seams strange thinking about Valentine's Day before Christmas is even here, but the latest issue of Cloth Paper Scissors arrived today, and it's full of hearts! Mind you, it is the January/February issue so I suppose it is allowed.

The magazine includes tunnel books - reminds me of the paper theatres I used to play with when I was small, there is a new section on basic jewellery making and metalworking skills and articles on encaustic, resin, boxes, stitching, carved drawing, calico hears, a colour exercise, lettering, silk screening, printing and much more - a jam packed issue to get the new year of to a crafty start!

Post a Comment