Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Stampington and Needlefelting

Two new magazines arrived today from the USA; the winter editions of Art Quilting Studio and Sew Somerset. I only get ten of these and they always sell out (I sold two before I even got them on the shelf), so don't hang around. If you can't get to the studio in the next few days, you can always ring up and buy one over the phone, then I can save it for you until the next time you come in.



Both these issues are full of wonderful inspiration and projects. Art Quilting Studio focuses on fabric, surface design and stitch, whilst Sew Somerset is a lot more ephemeral and includes more mixed media in its projects. They are both lovely magazines!


Another great workshop today with Lyn and Denise (not me, another one). We were playing around with wool and silk fibre today in a needlefelting workshop. You can see what they both did below.  The workshop was a surprise present from Lyn to Denise who had never seen it done before - another couple of converts to this great technique. I just love Lyn's owl and Denise's angel just needs a little embroidery to make it fly!

Denise
Post a Comment