Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Crochet. Knitting and Stitching

Crochet Flowers
There seems to have been an upsurge of fascination with crochet recently! Several people have booked workshops to learn the basics and that has got me thinking (always dangerous!), so I've set up a poll (in the top left hand corner of this blog) to find out if there's interest in having a Crochet Club here at Craft Arena. If you would like to come along please complete the poll, and if enough people want to meet up, I will let you know more.  Of course, if you prefer to knit, you would be welcome too!

Talking of knitting, I went to the Knit & Stitch Show at Alexander Palace on Friday; I felt it was the best for some time. The exhibitions were inspiring, and I thought that the new graduate work shows that there is a great future for textiles in this country. I didn't take any photos though; I was too caught up in looking at everything!


Brother V7

We are having another Brother Open Weekend at Craft Arena from Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th November. You will be able to see the full range of machines, including the new V7 shown here, and again Rachel from Brother will be here to answer any questions. We have a limited number of bookable appointments available with a free gift for anybody booking before the weekend. Hope to see you there.

Denise

Post a Comment