Saturday, 1 September 2012

Minerva

I've just posted some pictures of our exhibition on Facebook. You can find them here https://www.facebook.com/craftarena.


This is the mask I made for the Venetian Fantasy project. The background is thick felt layered with painted Bondaweb, gilding flake and painted garden fleece which was then stitched and zapped with a heat gun. The mask was overlaid with embossed copper, stitched painted and zapped Lutradur, Friendly Plastic and peacock feathers. I also used wrapped cord and Tyvek beads.



Colour Reaction was made with machine stitched triangles on dissolvable film with a stitched Lutradur Crash background.



Swallowtail has a machine felted background, overstitched with free machining then embellished with French knots and beads. Lots of beads!

Quite please with the results. I now have to start planning the next project!

Denise
Post a Comment