Tuesday, 19 June 2012

The latest issue of Cloth Paper Scissors arrived today. I'm just flicking through, and it's one of those issues with a serendipity moment; I've just acquired an inkle loom, and there is an article on weaving inside! Guess what I'm going to be doing with all that yarn I've been spinning?! 


There are also articles on painting with alcohol ink. Not heard of Yupo paper before (it is apparently plastic), but I'm sure you could use photography paper or Tyvek to get similar results. The article on computer imaging should provide inspiration, and there is quite a bit throughout the magazine on taking your art travelling. Other articles include Found Objects, stenciling, journaling, design and artist profiles.


I sent out my new format newsletter a couple of weeks ago, and it has been pointed out to me that there were a few errors in the dates I included for various events. I'll be updating those in the next issue which should be out towards the end of this week. If you did not receive a copy and would like to, please email me and I'll put you on my mailing list. I promise I won't inundate your mailbox and will never pass your details on to anyone else.


I've received a supply of WonderFil threads to try with a view to stocking them. Has anyone else used them? If so, what do you think?


The next event in my diary (apart from watching the football and tennis) is our Brother Open Weekend on 29th/30th June and 1st July. This is part of the Barleylands Open Weekend, and we will have all the latest Brother sewing machines on show, with demonstrations and the opportunity for you to try them yourself. There is usually a special offer or two, and if you ring me to book a time to visit, you will receive a small gift from me.


I've nearly finished sewing the beads to my butterfly wing. Only two more projects to complete for our Minerva exhibition in September!


Denise
Post a Comment