Wednesday, 23 May 2012

I had a great weekend at Hylands House at Keene Quilters Patchwork in the Park exhibition. There were hundreds of quilts of all shapes and sizes decorating this beautiful venue. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos, but I can assure you they were stunning! 


The Woolmarket, Horndon on the Hill
This coming weekend is another 'awayday' for me - well, two days this time - at the Material Girls ' Textiles on the Hill' at the Woolmarket, Horndon on the Hill. I've driven past this wonderful old building several times, but have not been inside. I haven't had a chance to see the Bridging Waters Exhibition before, which is a collaboration between the Material Girls and Articulation, a textile group from Canada and I'm really looking forward to it. There will also be demonstrations by some great textile artists like Lynda Monk (who is coming to do a workshop at Craft Arena later in the year - watch out for more details), Sara Impey, Janetter Bright, Juliet Bryson and others. There will be light refreshments available and the event is open from 11am to 5pm on Saturday 26th May and from 11am to 4pm on Sunday 27th. I hope to see you there.


I love books. Love reading them, holding them, possessing them. Just because I have a Kindle, doesn't mean I'm going to stop buying them! I also love making them, and the second issue of Pages, the creative guide for Art Journaling and Bookmaking, by the publisher of Cloth Paper Scissors will certainly help. The first issue proved so popular that the intended annual publication has been brought forward.  This issue contains not only articles and projects on bookmaking but books as art, book covers, binding, art journaling, creating and decorating the pages once you have made your book and even wearable books! Can't wait to get stuck in!!


Now back to sewing beads onto my butterfly wing!


Denise
Post a Comment