Friday, 3 February 2012

Books, Cooks and Scarecrows

Barleylands are running a special event for the children during the half term holidays called 'Books, Cooks and Scarecrows. Each day there will be a different book and a different recipe in the Barleylands Kitchen; you will also get a chance to make a scarecrow. There will also be a trail around the Craft Village, and participating studios have been asked to display a scarecrow in their window. It was suggested that we all make a scarecrow for display, but I won't have room for a full sized one, and I wanted to play with the Brother Ie sewing machine, so I traced a scarecrow using the graphics tablet and it stitched this for me. Now, some people might say that was cheating, but I say it is using the resources at your disposal!

You can find out more about the scarecrow event at the Barleylands website.

Yesterday I went to the Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts show at Glow, Bluewater. It is a small but well thought out show which is on until Sunday 5th February, so if you get a chance do pop along. It was a lot less busy than Ally Pally which meant there was time for a nice long chat with Kim Thittichai.  If you haven't had a chance to see Kim's latest book, you must take a look. I have a couple in stock.

Mr & Mrs PaperArtsy were also there, together with Lin Brown who made me this lovely tag using one of the new PaperArtsy Vintage stamp sets. I don't usually buy much at retail shows, but I couldn't resist this set which includes buttons, lace and a bit of a dress pattern. I just have to think of something to use it for now!

I now have a Bargain Basket in the shop (well, it's more of a big red fabric box!) and things will get added to it as items are sold, so do come and have a peek to see what's hiding inside.

Denise
Post a Comment