I've added more items to the website.
Now on sale online are Aurifil 50 weight cotton threads in 220 metre reels. These threads are proving very popular in the shop, and the feedback I've received from customers using them is excellent.
This versatile 100% cotton thread can be used for:
- Hand applique - ideal for all types of hand applique, from needle turning to using prepared shapes.
- Hand piecing - a great weight for hand piecing.
- Lace - brilliant for both Bobbin lace and machine lace.
- Longarm quilting - perfect for creating texture where you don't want the thread to be a feature. Backgrounds, stitch in the ditch, basing quilts, wholecloth quilting, micro quilting for dense background designs.
- Machine applique - ideal when a very fine finish is desired. This weight desappears so your fabric is the feature. Use for a straight stitch, small zigzag, blind hemming and blanket stitch.
- Machine embroidery - this thread is brilliant for machine embroidery! Great results every time. Use 50 wt in the bobbin as well.
- Machine piecing - gives a great reasult with a nice flat seam every time.
- Machine quilting - use for very detailed machine quilting. Perfect for quilting that creates texture when you don't necessarily want to see the quilting lines. Use the same thread in the bobbin.
I've also added some brilliant felt I've managed to source. It's been difficult lately to find felt that can be distressed as the usual source has apparently decided to add fire retardent to their products. The felt I stock comes in two weights 350 and 550gm2. This makes these 30 x 45 cm sheets purfect for working with all sorts of heat tools, with the thicker felt great for sculpting with a soldering iron, as shown here. These samples have been painted with various metallic paints, including Lumiere and Metallic Masters. If you have been on a Lynda Monk workshop and want to try some of her ideas, these sheets are ideal. I currently stock both thicknesses in black and white - just right for adding your own colours - but more colours are available and if the need arises!