Thursday, 28 April 2011

Deane's School Workshop

Had a great bunch of young people in the studio today for a workshop from The Deanes School, Thundersley. We made a little book using mixed media techniques; bonding, Tyvek, painted Bondaweb, transfer foil and stitch. You can see some of them hard at work below.

There were actually 8 pupils and 2 members of staff, but some had left when I remembered to get the camera out to capture the result of all their work!

I was a bit anxious, as it was the first time I'd taught such a large group here, and I was worried that we wouldn't have enough room, but I now know I can cope with a class of 12!

We also played about with Puff Paint and the new Gleam Gilding Wax, and I gave them demonstrations on bead making with felt and Tyvek and more techniques using Angelina. I also ran them through some of my design books. I do hope they come back and show me some of their finished projects!

Denise
Post a Comment