Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Business First!

I'll post some wedding pics at the end, but thought I'd let you know that the latest edition of Somerset Studio has arrived. This issue is another bumper issue with lots of ideas and projects which, although mainly paper based, can easily be translated onto fabric. Articles on lettering, colour, drawing, layering, transfer printing, and art journaling combine with artist profiles to give plenty of ideas and inspriation. I have also had in a couple of new books.

The first, Spunbonded Textile & Stitch by Wendy Cotterill, I have been waiting for for ages. I went of a workshop with Wendy at the NEC last month, and got a taster of some of the things inside the book. Can't wait to get experimenting on Evolon and all those other scrummy textiles!






The othe
r book, The Beaded Edge by Midori Nishida, is full of ideas for triming work with beads and crochet. Ideal for me as I still have to finish the edging element of my City & Guilds!

A couple of new lacey bits also arrived. I love incorporating lace into my work - it adds texture, and can be dyed and painted all sorts of colours. The guipure lace flowers are particularly lovely.

I'm afraid you now have to put up with my going on about Jennifer and Alon's wedding. It was a perfect day - even the weather didn't dare misbehave. The setting at Blake Hall was lovely, and they couldn't do enough to help the day go without a hitch. (At least I didn't find out about any!)
The beautiful bride and her proud father didn't stop talking all the way down the aisle.

The panel on the front of the dress turned out OK in the end! And the cake.... the cake was delicious!
Pictures of the bridesmaids and my hat will follow as soon as I have them!

Denise
Post a Comment