Had a lovely day today playing around with some of my new stock.
I've used Hearty, an air drying clay which stays fairly soft once it has set, and can be stitched into (I've also got it in white). I've stamped it with some my favourite Karantha moulding mats, and smoothed over the new Craftynotions Gleam gilding waxes. The first uses the Spirals mat with Patina Blue, Peacock and Verde Gris wax:
This is the new Old Rose mat with Cardinale, Cerise and Rich Copper wax:
This is the Linear 1 mould with Gilt, Rich Gold and Gold wax:
There are also silver tones, but my sample doesn't show the colours very well.
A few weeks ago, I received a supply of distressable felt. This is thicker than the sheets I already stock, and I've wanted to experiment with it to see what I could to with it. I put one of the larger bits into my soldering iron, and used it to make marks in the felt. I was really pleased with the results.
I've painted this sample with one of the Lumiere paint colours I hadn't tried before - Hi-Lite Violet. The pot doesn't look very aweinspiring in the display rack, but look what happens when you paint with it! It's my new favourite.
Next, I used some of the marks from the first sample on larger areas:
I've used more Lumiere on this sample; Halo Pink Gold, Turquoise and Halo Violet Gold.
This sample was painted with Bronze Metal Masters Paint and distressed with blue patinating fluid:
All in all, a successful day.
Before I go, just thought I'd let you know that I now have Friendly Plastic in stock. I'll be playing around with that next!