Friday, 4 March 2011

Embellishing workshop

I've just finished a workshop using embellishing machines with Jan and Pat. I usually do this on a 1 to 1 basis as I only have one machine, but Jan bought hers so both of them have enjoyed embellishing away for a couple of hours! Pat had not had a go at any sort of felting before, and although Jan has had her machine for a while, she wanted to learn a bit more about what the embellishing machine could achieve. This is the result:

There was much chatting and discussing of techniques and a good time was had by all. I must admit that I was not keen on using an embellisher at first, and resisted getting a machine for a long time, but I'm converted now.

This is a piece I've been working on for a while; those of you who have been to the studio in the last few months will have probably seen it. It is a work in progress, and probably won't get finished quite yet. I used the embellisher to embed the fibres from an Oliver Twists Experimental Pack into a piece of felt, then used machine and hand stitching to add texture. I'd still like to add more hand stitching, then I'll mount it onto a canvas.

Denise
Post a Comment