Monday, 10 January 2011

Off on my travels

Nearly ready for the off. I just have to work out what I'm going to pack! Went to Bluewater today to buy some Summer clothes, and although there wasn't a lot about, I still managed to spend more than I should have done!

I'm taking some stitching and my sketch books, together with the design work I need to do for the panel for Jennifer's wedding dress. Should keep me busy!

I'm going to be working on one of the projects for our Minerva Group: this is basically a 6 3/4 inch square and can only be worked in primary colours. I haven't taken any new threads out of the shop for ages, but I did today and I'm going to be working with some Oliver Twists threads, which I love! You can see them here as they came off the shelf, and out of the packaging, with the threads plaited to make them easier to manage. The Tee Juice pens are to colour the background fabric.

I don't suppose I'll get a chance to blog while I'm away - from what I remember last time, the charges for using my phone in Egypt are horrendous!

I'll be missing the first two lessons at college, and the next Embroiderers' Guild meeting, but I'll catch up with everyone and everything when I get back.

See you soon,

Denise
Post a Comment