Friday, 10 December 2010

Nearly Finished!

I've nearly finished my large scale piece for my City & Guilds course. I haven't actually attached the beads at the bottom yet - I need to decide whether I'm going to chop it straight, or leave it as it it. I was going to leave it, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would look better with a straight(ish) edge. I'll leave it overnight and decide in the morning.

The fabric was constructed using threads placed on sticky dissolvable film, with Romeo placed on top of that then machine stitched. Once the film was washed away, I stitched on three metal embossed panels, and made the beads with Tyvek. Makes it sound as though it only took me five minutes, but I started it in July!

Once I've finished this, I only have two more projects to complete, then I'll need to finish my samples and the theory part. Before the end of July. Hmmm...........!

Denise
Post a Comment