Thursday, 18 November 2010

Lots of News

I've been up to my eyes in it over the last few weeks - its amazing how long you can go between blogs without realising it!

Last weekend I was up in Norwich for the ERTF Conference and a study day on Friday at Norwich Cathedral Broiderers and Carrow House Textile Museum. Lots to think about and plenty of inspiration, including an exercise using thread and a hanger! I've left my camera at home, so I'll try and pop them up in the next few days.

I have a new exhibition in The Gallery in December. Ladybugs Quilters will be displaying their Calendar Quilt, together with other pieces of their work. It will be available to view from Friday 26th November which is also the Barleylands Christmas Charity evening, until 31st December.

Our Christmas Charity Night runs from 4pm to 9pm on 26th November, and is an opportunity to kick-start your Christmas shopping, enjoy an evening of entertainment and help raise money for The Burned Childrens' Club and Southend Breast Cancer Unit. There will be an auction and raffle and you can deliver your Christmas list to Father Christmas in his grotto. Local schools and bands will be performing, there will be a fancy dress competition and live music including a Robbie Williams tribute act. I will be supplying refreshments and mince pies and there will be lots more on offer, so do come along to see what is going on.

A bit of advance notice about my Christmas opening times. I'll be closing at 4pm on Thursday 23rd December and will open between Wednesday 29th December and Friday 31st December from 11am to 4pm when there will be double Loyalty points on any purchase over £5. We will be closed again from 1st to 4th January inclusive, and then 5th January sees the start of our annual sale. I only have one sale each year, so it will be an opportunity to pick up some bargains.

If you get a chance, do take a look at Essex Life magazine this month. There is an article about Craft Arena on page 183!

Denise
Post a Comment