Monday, 11 October 2010


Right, here is my 3D City and Guilds vessel as promised. It is made with Pelmet Vilene Plus sprayed with Coloursprays with gilding flakes and Angelina ironed on. The relief is made with layers of Lutradur 30, Lutradur Crash and organza sandwiched with Mistyfuse, free machine stitched and then zapped with a heat gun. the design was cut out with a soldering iron, adhered with more Mistyfuse and then I couched piping cord around the edges. I've wired it together with gold-plated wire.

I was hoping to be able to light it up to show the translucence of the Vilene, but that is proving problematic. As the opening is only 1½ inches wide, Ray is having difficulty making a battery powered light small enough to fit in! Might have to abandon that idea.

This was version three of the vessel - the others didn't go as I wanted, and it wasn't until I went on the Lynda Monk workshop that I realised what I had to do to make it work. This is version two:

So, now just the notes to write up and then on to my metre piece; it's half-way there, just have to do a little more to it before it's ready to be unveiled!

Had a great time at the Knitting & Stitching Show at Ally Pally. Met loads of people I know, including Sharne and Nickie as soon as I walked through the door! Met up with them again at lunch with Sue to compare notes and show our purchases. I didn't get much - a few nice things from Craftynotions which I'm hoping to get in soon, but more of that later.....

Post a Comment