Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Shirking my Duties!

I can't believe it's nearly three weeks since my last blog! I've been really busy the last few weeks; orders coming in that needed putting on the shelves, workshops to plan and hold, showing customers round The Gallery, and I even had Saturday afternoon off to go and see Chelsea play for the first time in 38 years! Just as well they won 6:0 - I'll have to go more often!!

I have had the new Ten Seconds Studio Kabuka moulds in - these are great, with some unusual textures to enhance your metal and fabric. I'm not sure about the Day of the Dead one - not something we celebrate here, but maybe good for Hallowe'en. Have you tried using the moulds as rubbing plates for fabric and paper? See the new moulds below.























Most of the other things that have come in are replacements, but I'm going to a trade fair in September, so I hope to have new things to show you after that. There are usually a lot of new books published in September, so look out for those too.

I've also been trying to catch up with my City and Guilds work. I came in yesterday and had a good afternoon playing around, and I feel a bit better about things now, I'm looking forward to the new term and getting stuck in! I've done quite a bit of work on my large scale piece, and have also started work on my 3D vessel, thanks to some ideas from Sharne! I'll post some pictures when there is something to show - I tend to get carried away while I'm working and forget to take pictures as I go.

More soon.

Denise
Post a Comment