Monday, 23 August 2010

Exciting News

I'm very excited for two reasons. The first is that my daughter, Jennifer, got engaged to Alon at the weekend. The wedding will probably be sometime next year, so lots of saving, and shopping, to do! Very many congratulations to the both of them. My granddaughter, Emily, is even more excited than I am. She asked what she would doing at the wedding, and decided it would either be holding the dress or throwing confetti. Her next question was what I would do, and I said 'Cry'. Grandad apparently, will be holding Jennifer's hand.

The second bit of exciting news is that I've just confirmed my next textile art exhibition. Dorothy Wood will be exhibiting her work in The Gallery from Wednesday 20th October until Sunday 31st October. You can see some of her work here . She will also be holding two workshops for me, the first on Wednesday 20th October, will be experimenting with organza and net and the other, on Sunday 31st October, will be a hessian hanging. Pictures will follow, but you can see them on the workshop page of Dorothy's website. Places are limited, so if you would like to join us, let me know.

I did do quite a lot of C&G work on Thursday, and have been continuing since. As I knew I would, I got too carried away to take any pictures, and anyway, I've changed the technique I was going to use for my vessel from sheers and puff paint to abaca tissue and embossing powder! It could well change again if it doesn't work out!

Denise
Post a Comment