Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Quilting Arts and sad news.

The latest issue of Quilting Arts arrived this morning, and it's a good one! Articles on playing with discharge paste, weaving as a background, variatons on a single motif, using photographs to design quilts, and one for me; using copper foil! There is also an article on using watercolour paints on fabric - it creates some wonderful tones and I think I'm going to have to try this when I get a moment! There are also features with some wonderful work by some great artists; a very good issue this time.

That's the good news. The sad news is that some kind person (or persons) has taken my new Knit Pro knitting needles and crochet hooks. I went to show them to someone this morning and they weren't there - but I found the empty container stuffed behind some books. I just hope that their need is greater than mine!

The other bit of sad news is that the Nine exhibition is now over. Liz and the girls came to take their goodies home this morning, although Liz has left her Poppy quilt as she said it would only have gone into storage! I'll miss all that wonderful work - it was a joy to look at and created so much comment and pleasure. I'll be trying to fill the gaps with my work until the next exhibition, so watch this space for an announcement once things have been finalised.

Denise
Post a Comment