Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Playtime

Sharne came over this morning to badger me into doing some City and Guilds work! We've been working on a vessel and wanted to experiment with a product called Ice Resin which I got at the trade show I went to in January. I painted three weights of Lutradur and some Abaca tissue with silk paint, then carefully measured the two parts of the Ice Resin and mixed well. The mixture was then sponged over the Lutradur and Abaca and has to be left to dry for at least 6 hours! Sharne had made some organza flowers, and we covered those too.I've had a peek before I left the studio, and they seemed to be setting successfully. The plan is to stitch into the resulting sheets by machine and possibly by hand. The little flower in the bottom photo is Abaca tissue, printed with an image and then machine stitched. I tried stitching with metallic thread, but it split the paper. Valdani thread worked better!

More C&G tomorrow, as Sue is coming to play for the day! This time I will be working on my metre piece.

Denise
Post a Comment