Saturday, 3 July 2010

Open for Business!

Although I say it myself, the opening last night was a great success. I lost count, but I think about 30 people attended on a very hot evening. There were members of the Nine group, whose work is being exhibited, some of the Barleylands community came along to help celebrate, and my lovely customers came too! The Gallery was opened by Cllr Mo Larkin, Chairman of Basildon, Billericay and Wickford Council. She was very impressed with the quality of work and the shop, and has promised to come back!

My daughter Wendy, who was going to take photos of the opening, got stuck on the M25 until 7pm, so these are Ray's snaps. She did finally get here, and I'll post her photographs next week.

Here are Liz, Lis, Janice and Sarah waiting for the off!

I now feel like collapsing into a heap, but really must start planning my City and Guilds work for the next year, or I'll never finish!

Thanks to everyone who helped, especially Ray who spend his week off work building Ikea flat pack and putting up lights; Eileen who as well as polishing, dusting and arranging, organised the catering for last night, and to Nine for their brilliant work which has made my first exhibition so exciting!

Denise
Post a Comment