Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Somerset Studio - July/August 2010

The latest issue of Somerset Studio has just arrived. It is a lovely issue, with articles on collage using all types of media; from baby wipes to paper and fabric. There is inspiration from Africa, 60's fashion, Winnie the Pooh and family memories plus many more. A sumptuous issue! I've ordered more copies this month, so there should be enough to go round this time!

I had a great weekend in London with Emily; Macbeth was suitably gory. At the Embroiderers' Guild last night, we listened to a brilliant talk on the textile collection at The Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge. I hadn't realised it was so extensive; the only problem is there isn't a textile gallery at present, so if you wish to see any of the collection, you need to book a visit in advance.

I'm working on getting the new studio into shape this week, or at least Ray is! I'll keep you posted on developments.

Denise
Post a Comment