Friday, 19 February 2010

Workshop News and More!

We had a brilliant Silk Paper workshop this morning. As usual, I didn't think to take photos of Vanessa and Christine working, but here are a few of the pieces I made whilst demonstrating. We were particularly pleased with the peacock feather incorporated into the silk.

I have a further workshop planned for Saturday 13th March, so if you would like to join us, give me a ring or email denise.gannon@craftarena.co.uk.


I've been asked several times to hold a workshop to show how I made the bookcovers on display (and for sale) in the studio. I've finally bowed to pressure and have booked one for Sunday 28th March from 2-4pm. I'm not sure how much we will be able to cover in two hours, but we'll get
through as much as possible, covering constructing the fabric, wrapping cords and using buttons for decoration. Because of the experimental nature of this workshop, I have set it at a reduced cost of £25, so if you are interested, do get in touch.

I am considering taking on
an additional studio at Barleylands. and am carrying out a survey to see if it is viable. A further studio will enable me to hold larger workshops with guest tutors and help fulfil my dream of having a Gallery in which I can hold exhibitions and display the work of local textile artists. I have compiled a survey which I would very much like you to fill in and return to me. It is available on my website.

Denise
Post a Comment