Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Oh Dear .....

What can the matter be?

Trouble is I've just had a selection of new books in, and I am forced to put three of them into my personal library!

Threadworks: silks, stitches, beads & cords by Effie Mitrofanis is an exciting collecton of bright and beautiful collaged and embroidered pieces using, as the title suggests, thread, cords and beads. Very inspirational.

The left-handed Embroiderer's Companion by Yvette Stanton finally gives us left-handers a book showing how to to construct lots of traditional as well as more unusual stitches with lots of pictures and diagrams to help. No more using mirrors or mentally flipping diagrams round. There are even diagrams showing right-handers how to do it!

The other book is a crochet gem. It has lots of patters for decorative embellishments including animals, stars, flags and even fruit! Perfect for adding to bags, cards or even fridge magnets!

I only get two of each new book, so that means only one of each to go on the shelf, so if the one you want has already gone when you come in, just let me know and I can order it for you.

Denise
Post a Comment