Friday, 29 January 2010

The End of CHA and what followed.

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday, but I managed to order some great things for the studio, including buttons that you can stitch, bezzels for making jewellery, and some wonderful brass embellishments that can be used for making jewellery, embellishing altered books and textiles. Most things won't arrive for 6/8 weeks unfortunately, but here's a taster, including the embellished leaf I did in their Make and Take :


There are also some other things that I want to get in the next month or so, particularly more Jacquard products which I tried out in the workshops I took with Sherrill Kahn and a spectacular new resin which I'm very excited about. There will be more on that once I've experimented with the sample I've been given.

Last night Ray and I went to see Avatar. It was brilliant! Even Ray said it was good - praise indeed!

Today we went to Disneyland. I don't think Ray was particularly enthuiastic, but he seemed to enjoy himself most of the time. This picture is significant, but the story behind it is too long to explain here.


We got absolutely soaked on the Grissly River Run, but my favourite ride was Pirates of the Caribbean. We went round after dusk, and it was magical!

I'm not sure I'll be able to blog again before we leave for home on Saturday, so if not, I'll be back once we are home.

Denise
Post a Comment