Tuesday, 26 January 2010

CHA Again - with a bit of a distraction!

I'm sure you don't want to see what I had for dessert this evening, but here it is anyway; Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake:

So after that slight indulgence, back to today at CHA. I'd booked on a couple of workshops with Sherrill Kahn, someone who's work I've admired for a long time. She was not a disappointment. A very gracious lady, very willing to share her skills and knowledge. We were using Jacquard paints with resists in the first workshop, and in the second more paint, this time on card:


and photopaper, which gives a brilliant result:

Sherrill was good enough to say that we can use what we learnt today in our own workshops, so I'll be arranging something as soon as possible. We used Jaquard Lumiere, Dye na Flow, Neopaque, T-Juice markers, oil pastels and wax crayons.


Even better news is that Sherrill is hoping to come to the UK later in the year and she wants to come and do a workshop at Craft Arena! Let me know if you would be interested in this. It is a great opportunity to work with a very talented lady.

I've managed to get on Sherrill's last CHA workshop tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to learning lots more. The subject is 'Glazing with Paint'.

Denise
Post a Comment