Tuesday, 27 October 2009

New Things

I've found some little brass charms with a stitching theme. As you can see, there is a thimble, safety pin, sewing machine, scissors and a reel of thread in each pack.

I've now received my d4daisy delivery and now have all the books in the series. These are:
  • Exploring Colour with Julia Caprara
  • Textile Translations: Mixed Media by Maggie Grey
  • Embellish & Stitch by Maggie Grey and Vall Campbell-Harding
  • Stitches, Straps & Layers by Maggie Grey
  • Stitching the Textured Surface by Lynda Monk and Carol McFee
  • Contrasting Elements by Jae Maries
All great books. If you've not seen them, do come in and take a look. The books are taking over more of the shop, but you can never have enough books.

I've also got Silk Paper by Sarah Lawrence and The Art of Stitching on Metal back in stock. I know some of you have been waiting for these.

Also in:
  • 100% cotton fabric
  • felt that melts (I hope!)
  • Fabric Master heat tools for melting the felt (and other fabric)
  • A special publication from Quilting Arts called International Quilt Festival: Quilt Scene. This has projects and articles mainly about quilting, but as usual with these magazines, the techniques can be used for all types of media. I particularly like the fabric fortune cookies!
Denise
Post a Comment