Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Scrummy Yummy!

Just had in the sari yarn I ordered from Craftynotions. Say no more!

I have also been playing with one of the techniques featured in Issue 40 of Quilting Arts. This featured gelatine as a base for printing onto fabric. It involved dissolving gelatine powder and setting it before adding paint. Of course I couldn't be bothered with all that, so last night I tried using a block of Sainsbury's economy strawberry jelly! Worked out quite well. I tried several different textile paints and had most success with Lumiere but also used Pumpkin Palace paints and a few odds and ends I had left. So, here are some of the results of my 'jelly printing':

The first used three colours of Lumiere, fairly thickly applied, adding more paint after each print.The second used the ends of various old paint and cannot be repeated as I used them up! Again, thickly applied and each print overlapped the last block.

With the next , I didn't add any more paint between prints, and created a 'ghosting' effect.

And finally, I used the reverse of the jelly to print this:The only problem now, is to work out what I'm going to do with them!

Denise
Post a Comment