Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Quilting Arts 41 and Stitch 61

The new issue of Quilting Arts has just arrived. I'm looking through it as I type this, and it is another great issue.

There are articles on Rusting, monoprinting and, would you believe it, SNOW-RESIST DYEING! This uses Procion MX dye and mixes it with snow which gradually melts onto the fabric introducing the dye. Roll on winter!! With lots of other ideas for stitching and painting onto fabric, as well as artist profiles, this is an excellent issue. The last issue sold out, so don't leave it to long to get yours.

No sooner had I posted about Quilting Arts than Sittch with the Embroiderers' Guild arrived. This has some wonderful projects including a crazy patchwork heart encrusted with hand stitching and a textured landscape by Jean Draper stitching on scrim - this is now on my To Do list as I have some lovely scrim in the studio. There are also cards made using sequin waste (I have some of that too!), needlefelting, drawn thread work and mixed media techniques using Evolon fabric, textile postcards plus much more.

I WANT TO GO AND PLAY!!!

Denise
Post a Comment