Thursday, 18 September 2008

Where's the Pelmet Vilene?

Much to my horror I discovered I had run out of Pelmet Vilene! After several phone calls I finally managed to track down the person to speak to at Vilene to order more, and it should arrive today or tomorrow. I've also ordered more Evolon and some iron-on interfacing, which I keep getting asked for. I did ask about Lutradur, but apparently they aren't allowed to sell it! I do have another source for that though, so if anyone needs any, do let me know - I have a few pieces left for emergencies.

I've had a fresh supply of Misty Fuse delivered from the States. Unfortunately due to the fall in the pound I'm having to charge a little more for it, but it is still excellent value.

Opening Times

Next Thursday I'm back at college to start my City & Guilds Diploma in Embroidery Craft and Design at Harlow Community College with Liz Neave. I'm really looking forward to it - having a year off made me realise how much I was missing it.

Craft Arena will still be open on Thursday in my absence. Marie will be holding beading classes over the next few weeks, beginning with basic bead stringing. She has shown me what she intends to make in the first class - a simple but very effective necklace, bracelet and some matching earrings. I'll post a picture as soon as I can.

I have a busy few weeks ahead, so I will not be around much at weekends. I'm hoping to stay open for most of the time, but may necessarily have to shut if I can't get anyone to mind the shop for me. I'll post any closures here first. A bit of advance notice though, I am having my first proper holiday for two years in January, and the studio will be shut during this time. I'll be closed from 5th to 15th January inclusive.

Post a Comment